All participants are required to adhere to all of the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules will result in termination of your participation.
1. Conduct: All participants are required to follow directions, to use positive words, exhibit positive actions, and to keep a positive attitude.
2. Questionable Items: Our staff retains the right to confiscate any potentially dangerous or illegal items that may be in your possession. Disciplinary and/or legal action will be taken where necessary.
3. Interaction: All participants are to interact with others in a friendly and respectful manner, following all rules.
4. Assumption of Risk: All bikes will be purchased or earned through community service projects including picking up trash from the neighborhood streets. All participants are instructed and agree NOT to pick up dangerous or potentially dangerous items such as (but not limited to) broken glass, needles, nails, or anything else that could cut or injure them. Participants understand that participation in bicycling activities involves inherent risks, including the risk of serious injury or death. By signing this document, the participant, and their parent/guardian, assume those risks and any other risk incidental to the program.
5. Release of Responsibility: In consideration of the opportunity to participate in this program and its activities, the participant and their parent/guardian will not hold The Village Wrench, its leadership team, volunteers, employees, agents or other involved organizations responsible or legally liable, for any injuries to the participant or property, or the results thereof, incurred and suffered as a result of the participant’s participation in any of the activities, programs, or field trips.
6. Willingness to Follow Instructions: All participants agree to use the equipment and facilities as instructed by The Village Wrench’s leadership and volunteer team. The participant understands that any failure to do so on their part may prevent their participation in these activities.
7. Fitness to Participate: The participant and parent/guardian certify that the participant has no physical or cognitive condition that would prohibit their participation in these activities. If they now or have been in the past under treatment for any physical conditions that may limit their participatiton, they will discuss it with the program supervisor and yield to his/her judgment as to whether they should participate. The participant understands that their participation in these activities is entirely voluntary and that they may excuse themselves from participation if they so desire.
8. Permission to Treat: The participant and parent/guardian give permission to The Village Wrench volunteers and staff to administer routine non-emergency medical care for the participant. The participant agrees to disclose to the Village Wrench and its volunteers and leadership team any medical or other conditions that would prohibit the administration of such routine non-emergency medical care.
9. Loss Prevention: The student’s belongings are the student’s responsibility to keep track of and not lose. The Village Wrench is NOT responsible or liable for anything lost or stolen. Unauthorized items will be confiscated and returned to participant’s parents.